In 2018 CPLOL will celebrate its 30 year anniversary and Portuguese Association of Speech and Language Therapists (APTF) its 40 year anniversary as well. In honour of these events, APTF will give two awards for the 'Best oral presentation’ and ‘Best poster presentation’ chosen from among the studies accepted for the 10th European Congress of Speech and Language Therapy.
The awards aim to promote and encourage research in the speech and language therapy field, to support significant work conducted by the researchers, and to help new scientists aim for the highest professional standards.
All abstracts submitted to the Congress will automatically participate in the award contest for the best oral or poster presentation. The abstracts must comply with the Abstract Guidelines requirements.
1. All abstracts submitted to the Congress will be evaluated by the ten member Congress Scientific Committee. One or two of the best abstracts from each topic (child language disorders/ child non-language disorders/ adults, elderly language disorders/ adults, elderly non-language disorders/ Initial Education) submitted in each category (oral or poster presentation) will proceed for evaluation.
2. The Congress Scientific Committee will assign a rating (max 10 points) to each selected abstract with the following criteria: scientific quality, innovative character, originality and relevance of the results for the development of speech and language therapy.
3. The evaluation of the abstracts will be in a blinded fashion.
4. The five studies submitted for oral presentation and five studies submitted for poster presentation which have the highest ratings will proceed for the finals of the competition during the Congress.
5. During the Congress, the members of the Scientific Committee will evaluate the quality of the presentation according to following criteria: the presenter’s ability to inspire and engage the audience, his/her ability to demonstrate acquired scientific data.
6. The final score of each selected presentation (oral and poster) will be computed as the sum of all received scores. The award for the Best Oral Presentation will be assigned to the oral presentation with the highest score. Award for the Best Poster Presentation will be assigned to the poster presentation with the highest score.
7. In the case of a tie, the prize will be divided equally among the winners.
8. The decision of the Congress Scientific Committee is final and cannot be disputed.
9. The Congress Scientific Committee is invited to avoid any conflict of interest, i.e. not to vote for oral or poster presentations they are co-authoring.
1. The prize for the ‘Best Oral Presentation’ is 500 euro, which will be assigned to the author(s) of the winning oral presentation and will be available after the public announcement.
2. The prize for the ‘Best Poster Presentation’ is 250 euro, which will be assigned to the author(s) of the winning poster presentation and will be available after the public announcement.
3. Prizes are granted by the Portuguese Association of Speech and Language Therapists (APTF). The prize will be presented by APTF until June 30and paid by bank transfer.
4. The decision of the Congress Scientific Committee will be announced at the Closing Ceremony of the Congress.